Sunday 17 May 2015

17/5/15

I started writing an update multiple times but never got around to it. I kept on procrastinating and putting it off. To be frank, the only reason I'm getting around to it is because I'm procrastinating doing all of the things I need to complete (or in some cases, start then complete) for school.

A lot has been going on lately and my stress levels have been through the roof, I cannot accurately describe all that has been going through my head because currently I am rather level minded and disassociated from those problems.

One thing that happened recently, was Mother's Day. I don't enjoy Mother's Day, I don't have a mother to spend the day with and so I retreat to social media only to be bombarded with people celebrating or reprimanding those who are not with their mothers as ungrateful and cruel. I don't find it fair to spread such nonsense. Many people have unhealthy relationships with their parents or their parents abuse them and therefore do not owe their mother and do not have to celebrate or promote their love of their mother. Other's mothers are unwell or have passed away and already feel the loss of their loved one harshly, so pointing it out in such a blatant manner is only hurtful.

I'm not saying celebrating Mother's Day is bad, it is a healthy and good thing to celebrate and give thanks for what you have. Some people just are a little forceful in their judgement on these days and I think it might help if people stop to think about others and about how things may affect them.

No comments:

Post a Comment